>>HARUKI MURAKAMI DETOX, MANILA, PHILS.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Anniversary Issue: Lightning Lad Vs. Lightning Lord Allan Moore's Watchmen (or is that just one "l?") I don't know, but I kinduva didn't like this maxiseries. I read it a few years back(three or fours years ago), and a good friend lent me her copy. I guess my reaction to it is a little tepid, at best. Yes, it's literate. But, I won't exactly label it as Moore's "masterpiece," which I think is still yet to come(his ABC line of comics are one of the more thought provoking stories to have come out in the market, although he has this "diva" status which allows him to actually not finish his books on a monthly basis even though, ideally, they should). I guess, some people actually liked the book (watchmen -- then and now) because it's something to really like and because the status and following warrant that attention. I dunno. Has anyone watched Hellboy yet? It's really funny, I'm not too sure though if it stayed true to the source material but I guess Mignola (Mike) would have been proud to see his baby up there on screen and raking money at the box office). What I would like to see now onscreen are COncrete, and Ghost. ;p

links to this post

0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About us

Best described as a Murakami detox support group, we're all fans of the quirkily brilliant Japanese author, Haruki Murakami, and writing about such things as films we've seen recently and books we're reading (not to mention meandering musings on the man's work, of course) helps us to pass time while waiting for the next book from Haruki-baby.

Previous posts

Links


ATOM 0.3