>>HARUKI MURAKAMI DETOX, MANILA, PHILS.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It seems Bastian's story has ended

I read somewhere that the actor who had played Bastian in the 80's movie The Neverending Story had committed suicide. "Wow!" I thought, "How's that for a mindjob?"

Did a little net search though & realized they'd gotten it wrong. This Brandis dude played Bastian in the sequel that came out in 1991 (and two seasons on Steven Spielberg's "SeaQuest DSV" which I admit I thought was cool for a while.)

Thinking back on 80's films, I can't remember how Three O'clock High ended, or why our high school english teacher made us watch it.

Come to think of it, this was the same teacher who herded the entire freshman class --13 year olds -- to the mall to watch .Full Metal Jacket. No wonder we're psychologically sound.

This is my rifle, this is my gun!

links to this post

0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About us

Best described as a Murakami detox support group, we're all fans of the quirkily brilliant Japanese author, Haruki Murakami, and writing about such things as films we've seen recently and books we're reading (not to mention meandering musings on the man's work, of course) helps us to pass time while waiting for the next book from Haruki-baby.

Previous posts

Links


ATOM 0.3